Congratulations to the Department of Social Welfare and Development Field Office 1 !
For having managed and implemented its human resource management systems according to documented processes, thereby achieving a process-defined HRM in the four core HRM systems, namely: Recruitment Selection and Placement (RSP), Learning and Development (L&D), Performance Management (PM), and Rewards and Recognition (R&R) under the Enhanced Program to Institutionalize Meritocracy and Excellence in Human Resource Management, the DSWD FO1 was conferred the PRIME-HRM Bronze Award by the Civil Service Commission pursuant to CSC Resolution No. 2000648 dated July 7, 2020.
The awarding activity was held on February 11, 2021 which coincided with the 70th Founding Anniversary Celebration of DSWD FO1 at the Panlipunan Hall, DSWD FO1, City of San Fernando, La Union. The CSC-RO1 delegation was composed of Dir. IV Hedy Jose B. Lardizabal (Regional Director), Dir. II Edgar F. Asuncion (CSC FO-La Union), Marina G. Cabañero (Chief HRS, HRD) and Walfredo C. Laudencia, Jr (Supervising HRS, PSED). No less than the Secretary of DSWD, Hon. Rolando Joselito D. Bautista and Dir. IV Marcelo Nicomedes J. Castillo (Regional Director), received the award in behalf of the DSWD FO1.
With the conferment of the PRIME-HRM Bronze Award (Maturity Level II), DSWD FO1 shall now enjoy the following privileges:
- Authority to approve appointments, subject to post audit;
- Exemption from Section 96 of the 2017 ORAOHRA, as amended;
- 20% discount for the HRMO or one (1) agency representative on trainings/conferences conducted by the Civil Service Institute;
- 20% discount to the HRMO head or one (1) agency representative in CSC RO’s;
- Exclusive membership to community learners who shall have access to digital learning resources and development opportunities subject to the guidelines to be issued by the Commission;
- Announcement of the agency’s programs/projects bureaucracy-wide through the CSC website; and
- Such other benefits that the Commission may approve in the future.
On the other hand, as a PRIME-HRM Bronze awardee, the DSWD FO1 shall be responsible for the following:
- Maintain the status under Maturity Level 2 and continue to improve on its HRM systems, competency and practices to meet the next higher level;
- Comply with the 2017 Omnibus Rules on Appointments and Other Human Resource Actions (ORAOHRA), as amended, and other Civil Service Law and Rules in the issuance of appointments and implementation of other HR actions; and
- Partner with the CSC in providing assistance to other agencies in the development or improvement of HRM systems.
The Program to Institutionalize Meritocracy and Excellence in Human Resource Management (PRIME-HRM) is a flagship program of the Civil Service Commission which aims to elevate public sector human resource management to a level of excellence through the assessment, assistance and awarding processes of HRM Systems, Practices, and Competencies using HRM maturity level indicators that are at par with global HRM standards.
By: Walfredo C. Laudencia, Jr.
Supervising HRS, PSED